06-24-2015, 05:08 AM   #17
chask
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrian View Post
Carbotech makes a "low dust" pad for our cars. It reduces the brake dust by about 75% from OEM. Only problem is because they are low dust the compound is harder and they tend to squeak once in a while.

I run them on my car and deal with the squeaking because to me it's better than a nice set of wheels plastered in brake dust.

Brian
Back in the old days the dustless pads were simply pads with material that did not show as much. It was making the same amount of dust but the lighter color of the dust these produced kept the dust from being as noticeable. Any interaction with the wheels was still going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTF13M6 View Post
I have the carbotech low dust pads and love them. Braking performance is maybe a little compromised but unless you are on the track, you are good.

I need to replace them after approx. 4k miles on them.
I don't remember this though. The early dustless ones were just as good - the way those guys drove it would have been well known if they weren't as good..

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5driver View Post
Sounds good.

All carping aside, I'm most concerned about performance and won't compromise my safety and stopping ability for a little convenience. Looking forward to hearing more about Pagid.
Right attitude!! Form follows function. Function is key, then worry about what it looks like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTF13M6 View Post
Search the threads for properly "bedding in" your brakes. Mine haven't really squeaked in several thousand miles.
I'm going to have to do this. I have heard of a few ways. I'm curious to see what you all have come up with. As most everything else said around here makes sense, it's probably a good routine.
Appreciate 0