View Single Post
      12-14-2014, 01:33 PM   #23
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
Let's see, you call me a troll and tell me I need help and somehow I'm the one who is immature?
Ok Let me make it clear for you.
First of all my comment was on your quote:

Quote:
Let me help you - I don't believe that MT or R&T corrects for altitude or temp. C&D does. They have the M4 and M6GC doing the exact same 3.7. Either way, I think you need to go find someone with a M4 and a DCT and just prove to yourself how fast your car is - because you can keep telling yourself how much faster it is, but in the real world, it just isn't - and let's be serious, come that first turn, its kind of all over.

Peace out.

edit: I want to be clear - I'm talking 0-60 and qtr mile here and when "I" refer to "from a roll" I am talking from 5mph. The video you posted shows the cars going from 40+. The M5/M6 cars are incredible at this speed and just pull like crazy (my E60 M5 was a monster there as well - but completely wimpy off the line). So ... The M4 is a faster car from a standstill and/or 5mph. But the additional power of the M5/M6 will take over at high speed. I'm not questioning this.
Quote:
Here is the deal. When you post something that I feel is incorrect, I will point this out and back it up with facts (not youtube videos). I'm not doing it to get into an argument, I just want to make sure others reading the board don't take your statements for fact (the ones that I consider incorrect).
Before pointing something out that you feel it's in correct please go and do some research and then come back and quote it!

Quote:
BTW, I'm not sure of the true definition of "fastest" (I googled it and there are lots of meanings) - but I think many people would say it is the car that can go "faster". In this case, once again, the B6 is "faster" than the M6 as it will go 198MPH vs. the 155MPH (and yes, I get it that the M6 is limited, but the fact is, the way the car comes from the factory, the M6 is "slower" than the B6.)
Now you are changing your words. Originally you used the term of "fastest" regarding to 0-60 here:
Quote:
Actually, per BMW, the B6 is the fastest 0-60 BMW made (0-60 in 3.7 seconds). And I hate to say it, I'm not sure who would think the M6 is better looking than the i8 (maybe M6 owners?). Of course personal preference on everything. So maybe you meant to say "to "me" the M6 is the most beautiful and fastest"
Quote:

I get that you love your M6 and you consider it the best car in the world. I also love the M6 and heck if it came with a sunroof on the GC, I might have even considered one (in spite of not having AWD which I really really like here in Chicago).
I never claimed and will never claim my "M6 is the best car in the world" but I claim the M6 is the best car you can buy with this money if you are looking for both luxury and sport car.

Quote:
But at the end of the day, when you make comments like "my M6 destroys M4 any where any time in straight line", I'm going to call you on it. However, I'm not going to act in an immature way and thus I won't call you names
Yes I did say that and I say it again and stand behind my word. You also ignored all of the actual real world numbers I provided for you in that thread even the C&D results that you mentioned as reliable source and still claiming the M4 is beating M6 in straight line ... look at this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
And on a side note C&D test result:

M4 vs 911:
http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...e-specs-page-4

RS7 vs M6GC vs CLS63 AMG:
http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...specs-page-5-2

M6GC vs M4
0-30 : 1.4 vs 1.7
0-60 : 3.5 vs 3.9
0-100 : 7.9 vs 8.6
0-130 : 13.0 vs 14.6
1/4 mile: 11.7 @ 124 vs 12.1 @ 119
Rolling 5-60 : 4.0 vs 4.2

I don't see anywhere M4 can beat M6 based on your C&D referral...
So please stop trolling and cut the sarcasm... I think you are the one who need somebody help you ...
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0