View Single Post
      02-23-2018, 08:09 PM   #5
DarrenDre
Rep
Drives: bmw M6 gran coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errowen View Post
I don't think KW manufactures a kit with EDC (or ICM, the new name for it) for the 6 series. What they can provide is an EDC Delete Module, which is a feedback loop to prevent the system from registering an "EDC Malfuntion" error.

I installed the KW Variant 3 with EDC Delete in my 535i. The kit has transformed the car - float is entirely gone, ride is outstandingly crisp but very comfortable (I use KW's recommended base settings). Lowering the car an inch also looks fantastic. One caveat: the EDC delete is via a wire which is prone to pinching or snagging somehow. Three of the four corners have required a repair so far.

I would love to try a 6 with KW's installed. Mine floats like an ocean liner, just like the 535i did when I first got it. It's the one thing I don't love about the car.

Will I put the KW kit in my 640? Not sure -- doesn't need lowering, may try something else.
what kind of repair that you do to those three corners? did you go to the bmw dealer to repair the KW suspension or just go to any auto shop that carry KW suspension?
Appreciate 0