View Single Post
      07-07-2016, 05:32 AM   #51
Joey26
Rep
Drives: BMW F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigimaster24 View Post
This is interesting.... I've been experiencing a couple things on my M6 paired with full Meisterschaft GTC exhaust and AMS Catless downpipes.

I have a rattle very similar to Hunters which started the day I got the catless downpipes installed. When I had the Meisterschaft alone with stock DPs there was no issues. My rattle is very similar to Hunters but not as pronounced as his rattle, mine sounds like a loose coin inside the exhaust when decelerating .

However, I do have a horrible sound that resembles a old beater Honda Civic with exhaust issues. This horrible sound only occurs at low revs between 1500- 2500 RPM and especially while under load or going uphill (see video below)

Initially I took this issue to Meisterschaft and they immediately shipped me a brand new full system replacement. I arranged and had it installed the same day I received the new unit hoping the noise and rattle would be gone. Unfortunately, the noises were still there after the install.

The next step was to take it back to the shop that installed the AMS downpipes. They took a look and said the wastegates were causing the rattle. I immediately took the car to my local BMW dealer, they verified the concern and replaced both sets of turbos within a few days. When I picked up the car I was full of hope and expecting the issues to be resolved, unfortunately, the rattle was still there and the horrible noise was still there.

At this point I decided to remove the front and mid Meister sections and install the stock front and mid section to at least make the car drivable, I did leave the Meister rear cans in place though. The noise was 75-80% muffled but I could still hear it. In other words the root of the problem was still there but most of the sound was been hidden by the stock resonator.

Today, I went to EAS and had them remove the downpipes and reinstall them to see if an installation error was the issue. Sadly, the horrible noise and rattle was still there after all was said and done.

Don't get me wrong, I love the beastly sound of the Meistershaft and the catless downpipes when it is NOT making that embarrassing noise and thats precisley why I am fighting to get this issue taken care of, but I will remove the downpipes if that turns out to be the root of the problem.

I am still trying to figure this out guys and will keep you posted with the outcome. I just wanted to share my experience so far in case it would help anyone thats looking into getting the wastegates replaced.

I've attached the BMW dealer work order from when they replaced the turbos if anyone cares to see it as well.

Lui

Hey Lui
I got a x5m f85 now I kept the stock exhaust and installed super sprint catless downpipes
And I'm Experiencing the same horrible sound ( like an old car with a hole or a leak in the muffler) Especially if it's on comfort mode. as shown in your video and you are right it happens at 1500- 2500 RPM while under load or going uphill.
Did you by and chance find a fix for this issue ?
As my tuner thinks it something to Do with the turbo setup on all BMW M cars
Appreciate 0