12-12-2012, 07:01 PM   #54
sonicbimmer19
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E88 and F32

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupeman View Post
you get a lot better value with the CLS

you get almost the same amount of car for almost 20k less. the M6GC will cost around $112k (the coupe is $107k)

the CLS looks like a steal at $95K in comparison...M6GC is actually quite horribly overpriced to be honest. i dont see this selling very well

i realize its supposed to compete with the panamera, but i just dont see this selling well for some reason. as far as looks, those are always subjective. both cars are attractive.

oh and you dont even get a sunroof with the M6 verison? are you kidding me?

even from the start, the regular gran coupe has always been grossly overpriced when you think about it... $86k for 315 hp?

mercedes wins this hands down. no contest. BMW is relying way too much on the power of their brand to sell cars these days
I understand your points, but BMW's main competitor as far as brand is Mercedes Benz but I think 6er Gran Coupe is more of a Panamera competitor.

Also, I have no problem with BMW commanding higher prices because it's a BMW. Everybody does it, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, Mercedes Benz, Maserati, Aston Martin, and BMW.

That's why generally speaking, Audi and Lexus are cheaper than BMW's and Mercedes'

Even in fashion, Chanel, Louis Vuitton command higher prices because they can.

I'm all for BMW brand getting bigger, better, more luxurious.

As for the sunroof, it does not have a sunroof exactly because it's a M car. I don't believe you understand why.
Appreciate 0