04-24-2019, 08:16 AM   #13
Frupal
Mad Fiddler
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 640i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
The difference between the f06 vs the f12/f13 when it comes to floor mats...is the REAR mats. The front mats are the same across all 3 models...it's the rear floor mats that are smaller on the 2dr vert & coupe. The 4dr f06 grand coupe's rear floor mats are slightly larger.

If you buy f12/f13 rear floor mats for your f06...they will lay on the floor but more carpet will be exposed and you will see that something isn't quite right...but they will lay flat.

The f06 rear mats have the circular Velcro patch that aligns with the matching velcro floor anchor that helps them to stay in place. If memory serves me correct (its a bit foggy)...I'm not sure the f12/f13 rear mats are set-up for the Velcro floor anchors because of their smaller size.

I say the above because when I purchased my f06...the PO had installed the BMW rubber mats...but the rears were the ones for the 2dr coupe & vert. This bugged me from the start...so I purchased a new set of rears for the 4dr coupe...so yes, I can verify that the 4dr f06 rear mats are larger.

For a mental picture...when the f12/f13 rear mats are installed in the f06...it reminds me of a fat guy wearing a tank top that is too small. The nips are covered but the belly button & gut is exposed...he's wearing it...but not well.

Thanks for the complete and well explained response!
Appreciate 0