View Single Post
      10-13-2022, 07:34 AM   #1
Willish
Registered
Rep
Drives: 640d

Question Retrofit Folding Rear Seats / Passthrough?(F12 640D)

Hi all,

I have been looking high and low to see if this is even possible without any luck, currently looking to buy a 640D 2-door Coupe and wondering if it's possible to replace the rear seats with folding options. If that isn't possible, I was wondering if a pass-through style option on the boot is doable. I've seen it on some other BMWs (Used for Ski equipment and such). If anyone has seen anything like this done on an F12 (no matter how custom) I'd be interested to see how viable it is.

Basically, I have a dog, he will get to be medium-large sized. I love the 2-door 640D, I fell in love with it immediately, but being honest with myself, getting him in and out of the back seats might be too much faff with the electrics having to slide forward and back (granted the saved seat placement does help mitigate this). This is why I'm looking for folding rear seats or pass-through, it would basically allow the boot to be used for him on journeys but I would never get the car if it meant him being completely sealed off (obviously).

Yes, I have considered the Gran Coupe, and while it is clearly a much better fit given my criteria I just did not enjoy the car to the same degree so for now, I'd sooner consider other 2-door options before getting a GC.

Honestly, I have never really liked BMWs in the past, there's something about the 6 series that has changed my opinion on that. I might consider a 4-series, but I've not been able to find one in the UK with a leather dash and I'm really after that premium interior feel that comes with the 6 series.
Appreciate 0