03-17-2012, 01:29 AM   #20
HMtheJJ
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: B3s, Ranger Rover Sport, S550

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-4KIX View Post
sorry, but this kinda side steps the topic of leasing!!

We shop entirely in the US!!! Gas is cheaper by about a buck a gallon (premium gas saves us about 20 bucks on a tank!!... etc. We're 15 min from the border and have the Nexus passes for a smooth, wait free entry!!

I can tell you this HM........ I questioned BMW Canada about the base price being $15,000 more than the US and the BO stereo is $6800 option here and $3700 in the US...... !!! Their reply was basically..."because we can and if you want it you will pay" !!!!!!!!! Great PR work there!! They said it was because our economy was on solid ground and US is still rocky at best. They also said "yes you can buy a new 650i cheaper in the US........ then you must wait one year before you can import it!!" Probably not a bad option as their current delivery could be 8 months out?? So, maybe buy one in the US (you can't, but a very good friend could!)...... then wait one year to import the car? Or, if you wait til Sept, you could buy a used one and save $50,000 over the current Canadian price. Check ebay for 2010 M6 cars for sale!! You'll save a bundle.

All options to consider, but as I said in another thread, ours is only the 2nd Coupe in Vancouver, so far. These will be a pretty rare sight indeed. Just close your eyes and write the check..lol lol

One fellow member bought one in Singapore........ paid 2&1/2 times what we pay?? So, see, we are getting a great deal.

Hey, yeah I only saw total of five 650 cabs, never a coupe in Vancouver. and the reasons were given by the BMW store were different than yours, well becuz they are all bullshit haha, one thing is true that they charge this much cuz they can.

I'm not complaining at all. money is not an issue and I also made up my mind, I was just saying that WAY cheaper price in the US, imo, makes the car less special. I'm getting this car fully loaded with every option available, I simply can't decide what to let go, and frankly I don't and shouldn't make that kinda decision on such a perfect car, expect no auto close on that truck !!!

so right now, BMW is paying all Canadian dealers $12500 incentive to sell a cab and someone from one of the stores here in Vancouver offered me a cool $25000 discount on a cab, but was not interested one bit. I'm waiting on the new engine and hopefully that auto close truck, but if I can control myself and bare the wait, I'll get the face lifted version as that would be the best version of this car, and according to the manager that I always deal with, at that time a $20000 discount would be very possible... hehe and say no to used and lease options haha
Appreciate 0