Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW ///M6 F13

Garage List
2013 Bmw M6  [0.00]
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by retcav View Post
Thanks for all the replies...I'm not a car newbie. I've had 60 cars since I retired from the Army back in 2003. All flavors, I'm very fortunate that I can indulge my fetish/hobby. I'm simply amazed how the bottom falls out of this platform price wise as the years go by. The example I drove was spectacular. I'm searching for the "next" car and would love to find an M6. I'm fully aware of the cost of maint. and consumables but can't wrap my head around the value drop year on year. My hope is to find one by a private seller before they just "give" it to a local dealer.

I have inside knowledge of the one I looked at, the dealer gave $31500 for a 2013 with 35K miles that was loaded and no accidents. They started the listing at 41K, I offered them 40K out the door the day after they got it, they had no money in it as it hadn't been through their shop. That was more than I wanted to offer but it was really nice and well cared for. They refused my offer. They have since lowered the price 1k. I would have loved to have found the seller before he "gave" it to the dealer.

Sorry for the rant, just wanted to add some color to my original post.

These guys are just plain greedy sometimes.
Appreciate 0