LJohnson32
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motivology View Post
LJohnson32

Just checked out your thread - I enjoyed it. You really did some cool stuff to your M6. Any latest update on your experience since you’ve crossed the 100K mile mark? Latest mod you just completed?

-DK
Hey DK -- glad it was a worthwhile read, and I appreciate the kind words. Certainly didn't do anything groundbreaking with my 'build' but just wanted to be thoughtful with the few mods I did etc without changing the character of the car that much. From the first time I drove an M6 GC I loved nearly everything about the car in its factory state, so I didn't want to mess up an already great car in my mind.

I really haven't done any mods that aren't already documented in this thread. A lot of what's been taking place recently has been maintenance related preparing the car for the next 100k miles. 105k oil change was just done last week, and I will be taking care of pads, rotors, and front control arms here in early April.

I would like to at some point do the Akrapovic M Performance exhaust mated with some High Flow Catted DP's and the M Performance CF Mirror Caps just to really have a fully "OEM Plus" kitted car with all the M Performance parts available for it. That being said, none of these are really at the top of my priority list as far as money spend goes right now. I have been driving this car in all seasons in Minnesota (with no complaints) however I would like to add a winter vehicle for the sake of longevity with the M6. That exhaust and mirror cap money would be better served as part of a down payment on an SQ7 or MY19+ Cayenne Turbo I think

The M6 isn't going anywhere for the foreseeable future, so my plan is to revisit those mods down the road. Will be sure to document them here when they happen!