View Single Post
      04-22-2016, 12:30 AM   #82
NINJA59
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 640D GC and MX5 NC PRHT

I have to agree with Rufus this guy sounds a nightmare.

I think personally you are utterly silly going to view it. Please tell me you at least are well aware of the level of risk has increased by about 2 to 3 times.

I will just break it down into the various areas:

Finance
In honesty there is a risk of buying any car with outstanding finance and the risk is increased and more so with the number of cars on some form of finance. But, buying a car known to have negative equity and trusting someone you do not know and may not have enough to pay the outstanding balance after the car amount is pure crazy.

The advert states it is HPI clear, I will admit in the small print that it says it has finance, so completely undoing the above statement. Furthermore, the car is negative equity for goodness sake, the level of trust has already sunk even further. When you need someone to complete on an already risky sale that does not get off to a good start.

If it were me it would far easier to be up front listing the good and bad and under the bad state the car has finance and that the car is in negative equity. Sure it would put some people off, but at the same time it would stop people from putting more effort in only to go no once they found out the full picture.

Over claiming it is HPI clear well it is clearly over 26K shy from being that .

I have to also admit thinking about why he is selling it privately, as in some cases it would be easier for him to flog it back to BMWFS, but no doubt the settlement will be higher. Long term it would probably be easier for the seller to keep it and run it longer to lower the finance, but the risk there is the car depreciates faster and he just wants out.

===================================
Servicing

Basing it on your statements of it being serviced at 35K this would make sense as the service is about every 18.5K or two years. However, based on your information of doing 7K* you will not make the final service in time prior to the service pack ceasing to apply to the car (unless you possibly ragged it everywhere, but even then chances are unlikely).

If you said to me 9K-10K it brings you much closer to possibly managing to squeeze the 3rd service in as BMW will allow you to service under the service pack up to 1K prior to it being due. On the old version of the service pack because it was 60K not 50K you had the chance of getting the 3rd service included based on mileage, timescales would never get you there.On the new pack it ensures it is only two services not three. Looks better in advertising obviously saying it is 5 years or 50K, not 3 years or 37K (which for many it would probably really come down to)....

On the brakes front the 535D for pads is £297 fitted (including sensors etc.) so the 6 should be the same as the components are the same, although I doubt that sometimes because there maybe a 6 tax....rear pads are £213 fitted (including sensors etc.). Looking at these costs they are making about £80 - £90 in labour for the front. The rears are a little more healthy at £100 (and considering some of these cars like rear pads not bad business). I would take this opportunity to say Mazda make even more on pad changes than BMW!

Vehicle checks based on within the CBS are showing as £69, hopefully you could ask for something like that if you decided to proceed with this mad purchase.

=======================================
Over the warranty are you sure the current warranty will continue to apply?

Furthermore is it "full fat" everything version?

=======================================
Over the the whole V5 thing simply jesus. At least it will get rid of the illegally spaced private plate.

===============================

For me as said above I would not even go and view it there is way to greater risk involved with this potential sale which is not made clear in the advert. Over the brakes he has at least said the rears need changing, but the fronts I would have also said need doing.

I would have been on the AUC network ages ago after considering this car...little more money, but much less risk involved**.

* If you are only doing 7K a year why are you looking at a 640D? Surely it would be better going petrol, you are not anywhere near breaking even on the fuel costs (I know if you wanted a 6 the main problem there is finding an "i" in the UK).

** I know many BMW dealers use stocking finance from BMW, but they have no interest in the car from that point of view it only helps getting units shifted. Always worth checking though (and that under AUC the car has to have been cleared and proven to by the dealership).

Last edited by NINJA59; 04-22-2016 at 12:36 AM..
Appreciate 0