04-21-2016, 11:25 AM   #71
Rufus123
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw 640

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceCobra1 View Post
Thanks Ninja for an indepth reply. I really appreciate it

The warranty does run out next month and I am looking to pay for an additional warranty - still not sure if I want to pay for the comprehensive or named component warranty. But lets assume I spend £1k on it.

The front pads need replacing £300 and rear pads needs replacing @ 4k miles £250

Will get it check over by BMW and according to Rufus, it is £100ish ?

The last had its oil and filter change @35k miles. I would say this will be my main car which I would likely do 7k for sure the next year. The service plan is included until next year so hopefully I can take advantage of it.

We also agree to transact in the BMW dealer so there will be CCTVs etc.

I phoned up the finance company yesterday and they said the settlement should be instant once he has paid, I can phone to confirm.

The reason why he wants me to pay into his account and then he him paying the finance off is because he is in negative equity.

So to summarize, this is what I will be paying

£150 - BMW check
£300 brake pads
£26k car
£1k - 1 year warranty

Total spent £27450

So that will get me a mechanically checked car (I will only part with the cash if there is minimal to no work obviously needing done), 1 year service included, 1 year warranty.

Pretty sure I have covered it at all angles - what are your thoughts ?
His reason still makes no sense

If it's negative equity, you pay the finance company direct the 26k and then pass the phone to him and then he pays the rest off, job done

What if you pay the money into his account and the bank puts a stop on his account for security reasons.... 26k going in and then straight out would be flagged up at most banks as money laundering I would imagine
Appreciate 0