View Single Post
      09-21-2017, 09:43 AM   #1
325_bucks
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

My 640d problems and the future

So after having no aircon for almost the whole of the summer which has been pretty unbearable, I have finally managed to get it in to BMW to get it looked at. I had already had a free regas elsewhere which didn't work, didn't do anything.

2 days later get the car back with nearly £3000 of work having been done to it! Condenser was broken (replaced with a quality enhancement unit), compressor was also broken and leaking slowly and that was replaced. Also while at it they found a leaky EGR valve and low battery charge, both accountable for the unpredictable start stop I've been experiencing. My car is currently still under AUC warranty and I was pleasantly surprised that they just fixed it, no quibbles. I know that this is not something that should be payable by me but the service in just getting on and doing it was great.

Now however, I'm deciding what to do for the future - I fancy a change possibly, as I get bored quickly, I wouldn't get another 6 again unless it was an M6 GC but I don't have the budget for that.

Anyone got any suggestions either in BMW or not? Can be anything as long as it has 4 doors/space for car seat and a big enough boot. Been considering going for an X but not sure. Oh and needs to be fairly fast/fun to drive but I know I can't get everything I want

Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0