View Single Post
      01-18-2013, 09:07 AM   #4
Mentos
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 640d GC Msport

I have a Black Sapphire, with Ivory/Black, American Oak and Aluminium window trim on 20" 373's, if you pass by West London you're welcome to take a look.

In my case I bought a dealer pre-reg and so had to compromise on some options. My choices were further limited as very few cars had the Adaptive LEDs and HUD.

Black Sapphire was top of my colour choice (followed by Space Grey, then Carbon Black). Having seen various colours on the car in the flesh, it looked by far the best to my eye.

Ideally I would have wanted black interior for practicality. The black/ivory combo does look nicer, especially with the ambient lighting, but it takes some maintenance which I'm not sure I'll keep up a year+ in.

The Aluminium trim is not something I would have spec'd, personally I would have stuck with shadow line. I figured I would just get it wrapped (which I guess you couldn't do with the same success the other way around, I.E shadow line to chrome), but its somewhat grown on me now.

In terms of options, I'm glad I made HUD and Adaptive LED's a priority. The sunroof is also something I'm glad I got, the glass house on the GC is smaller (or atleast feels that way) compared to a conventional saloon. The sunroof allows you the best of both worlds (ensconced when closed, but more light and airy when open).

Since you've spec'd Adaptive cruise (I assume you'll be covering some miles) you may want to consider (missing from your list and I like them):

Comfort Seats
Lumbar support
Adaptive suspension options

I have soft close doors and like you its not something I'd spec myself. My GF loves it and it does have the initial wow effect when you first show the car to people, but I doubt anyone will blink an eye a year on and its just something to go wrong down the road :/

The one option you may want to reconsider is speed limit display. Once again I wouldn't have spec'd it but I love it now. I haven't seen it miss a sign yet. Very useful in areas you don't know well (especially when a passengers chatting away at you) or even roads you know well but a temporary speed limit has been installed (M4/M25 has them constantly, with pretty erratic distribution). Especially since speed cameras are often deployed around temporary speed limit zones.

Last edited by Mentos; 01-18-2013 at 03:42 PM.. Reason: ..
Appreciate 0