10-21-2014, 10:30 AM   #9
///M3THOD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTOY View Post
Hi everyone , I just got my 2015 640xi gran coupe m sport last week , so I had call H&R and few bmw shops ask for which lower springs will fit and drop nice on my car , but they all saids that H&R doesn't making and lower springs for my car yet , they only made for i , not xi , but I thought they should be the same , probably the height will be diff , because usually xi oem spring setting is higher than i , so I bought and installed the one for i , it no problem with the ride , but the rear is like stock high , front dropped a little bit , can anyone tell me which springs and correct part # I supposed to get and will drop lower and seats nice , thank you very much !!!!!
I have traded my GC 640i, but I had the same problem with H&R dropping the front and not the rear.

I escalated it all the way up and there's definitely something fishy with whats going on with the GC springs. If you look at the F12/F13 springs, they drop the car nearly square, where the GC springs have almost 1" of difference between the front and rear. They should not be sold like this, the drop does not look right.

I have numberous emails to John Filipak at H&R regarding this issue and he was going to find me some rears that would lower the vehicle properly. We were trying to figure out why the drop was so different on GC's when I traded my car and suspended conversations. The issue will need to be resolved for us to run the springs on our car.

If you are interested I can forward you all our conversation so you have a starting point, because clearly this is an issue and GC owners should know that the H&R drop looks like shit on our cars.

The early versions of H&R springs that you see that seem to have a square drop, are srpings desigened for the f10 535 that have been mounted onto our cars.

|| Vorsteiner FF-103 || BMS JB4 || Meisterschaft GTC || RPI || IND || Challenge ||

Last edited by ///M3THOD; 10-21-2014 at 10:36 AM..
Appreciate 0