Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E39 M5 & M6 Gran Coupe

Garage List
2013 BMW M6 Gran Coupe  [10.00]
1980 E26  [10.00]
2003 BMW M5  [10.00]
I guess the M6 depends if you use the rear seats at all. Unless the front occupants re under 5'6" there is very little leg room.

I don't find rear visibility a problem at all. Most modern cars have a high boot line which restricts rear visibility. With PDC, the rear view camera and 'top view' there is no problem.

Due to the low roof line and more highly raked windscreen you can end up quite close to the front edge of the headliner, where the sun visors are, which is lower than the rest. It does not bother me at all, but you should get an extended test drive to see how you feel. I like dark interiors, to me it makes the car seem smaller and makes you focus more on what's happening outside. The thing I notice most regarding forward visibility is that due to the windscreen rake and dash design, there can be quite a few reflections in the windscreen, more so than in, say, my E39. Some of this is the cut out for the HUD unit, which will be similar to the F10 M5, some is the B&O speaker, some the monitor surround etc. You learn to look 'through' it, but if the windscreen is at all dirty on the inside it is significant. Keeping the screen clean is not easy either, due to the rake and proximity of the dash, you really need a well trained pygmy marmoset that can get it's hands into the tiny gaps!

Last edited by RichardP; 04-14-2014 at 07:20 AM..
Appreciate 0