View Single Post
      02-08-2014, 12:44 PM   #45
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Huracan Evo & M8 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
- Do NOT get the 601M wheels, they are cast and heavy. I was miss informed by BMW about their production method and am requesting that they swap them for 343M which are forged. Total weight difference between a set of 343Ms and 601Ms is 24lb. Mind you, 433M are even heavier!
Agree, the 601's are very heavy, much heavier than the 343's on my previous non CP M6. But the 601's define the Competition Pack so it had to be....and they look a lot better in real life than in pictures. The weight can be mitigated somewhat by the much lighter ceramic brakes.

My favourite wheels are actually the standard 433M's you get on the GC but again, these are very heavy (didn't realise they were heavier than the 601's though).

Competition Pack is a huge improvement over my 2012 M6 (which was one of the early launch cars); the steering in that really was very poor - slow, poorly weighted and lacking in feel and was the main reason why I swapped it. But BMW massively improved the standard car in March 2013 so I guess the gap has closed (in any case, all GC's benefit from this). Slightly louder exhaust, stiffer suspension and that colossal 15hp increase are all small nice-to-haves, nothing more.

But then you know that didn't you maccer
Appreciate 0