View Single Post
      10-04-2013, 11:22 AM   #72
jeknhyde
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6 14 conv; RR KAHN 4.4, uber

Smile Ride Quality

Thanks for posting this Palmnuts. Really like the look and colours you chose.
I'm deciding between the CP and non CP M6 convertible and wondered if you could help some more.

You mention that the ride difference on the 20" cp & non cp was no less comfortable even though the steering feedback had been amplified.

Was that in all settings and road conditions?
Other reviewers (Car & Driver) were quite scathing on the ride quality:Even with all the electronics dialed back to their Comfort and Efficiency modes, the firm ride and sharp responses made the exercise akin to walking a grizzly on a leash

I would be using the car in C London and as a comparison like the ride of my old M6 07 on 19". I was quite impressed with the new M6 on 20" though I found the ride firmer than the Bentley GTC [obviously] and Maserati GC but better than a 911 4S. Do you think the CP can cope with the rotten roads in London well given what you have said?

Of course I know this is very subjective as everyone has a different view of what constitutes an acceptable ride quality. Perhaps the best way to analyse it would be to discuss compliance to the larger road bumps as well as response to the low frequency stuff on our roads that rattles your head and eyes as you do the daily crawl in C London over v uneven roads.
Appreciate 0