09-12-2013, 07:18 PM   #69
late apex
No Guts - No Glory
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageFerrari View Post
Thanks for your ultra-quick reply!

This is likewise a bothersome/irksome point for me! My own 2014 Moonstone/Amaro Brown M6 GC with Comp Package is due to arrive stateside in approx 1.5 months. I was told earlier this year by someone at BMW NA that commencing with July 2013 production, ALL the F06/F10/F12/F13 cars would be fitted standard with the iDrive Touch Pad technology. I could've opted to have an earlier-build car, but wanted to ensure mine would indeed have iDrive touch. One unexpected/surprise benefit of waiting for a later-build is the fact that there hadn't even been any mention about the existence of a 'Competition Package' until sometime in May 2013 (with a detailed explanation of all it encompassed the following month).

Fast forward to today. I was informed by my very same contact at BMW NA that it's since been confirmed that iDrive Touch will NOT be offered on ANY of the Model Year 2014 6-series derivatives -- that's why I posed the question to you as to whether your very recent delivery car is equipped with it, in order to test the accuracy of the info I've just now received from BMW NA. Suffice to say, I'm majorly bummed by this whole debacle.

I started a thread on this very topic earlier today: http://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=887444

According to the one respondent so far, iDrive Touch will be included with the LCI (as you disappointingly observed) either in late-2014 or early 2015. He also mentioned he's heard that beginning with July 2013 production, ALL the 6-series cars will have been fitted from new with ALL the necessary hardware to implement iDrive Touch, and it'll merely be a manner of getting the requisite software update to give/enable the iDrive Touch functionality for these cars, etc.

I guess time will tell....
Very interesting. Seems very hard to get any info on BMW's cars. My dealer had very little knowledge about the M6 or the competition package. They were telling me the CF roof was part of the Comp package! BMW's website still doesn't list it as an option/package for the M6! Asking most dealers about iDrive Touch in the M6 will just get you stared at like you have two heads.

I understand part of the reasons manufacturers are so secretive is due to automotive espionage concerns, but even buyers of new cars can't much information on what systems their car has or what the upgrade capability is.
2010 Corvette ZR1 - sold
Appreciate 0