Thread: Tyre Question
View Single Post
      06-04-2016, 12:54 AM   #2
NINJA59
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 640D GC and MX5 NC PRHT

Unsafe (MOT failure point) and need replacing as the sidewall belts have failed and push air into the void. Hit anything hard enough you will get a blowout. Simply not worth the risk.

Overpriced for the replacement RFT Dunlop, online you can get them for £75 less than that quote. My BMW dealer gave me a quote of £250 (including VAT & fitting) when mine had problems, bargaining I got 5% of that as well. For multiple reasons though eventually this was replaced free of charge.

It is a common issue because of the stiffer sidewalls, but the very low profile does not help either.

If you are are going for normal tyres then go for Michelin Pilot Super Sport, but make sure you get the correct version. If you do go down this route check with your insurer for mods as some do not like you doing it and will charge for the change.

You could always try the Pirelli Pzero RFT if you did not want dunlop, but still RFT it is a little cheaper, there is now a bmw star marked version as well (which has better ratings than the standard one).

Over the pads that is less than the online bmw quote which comes out at £510 for both ends.
Appreciate 1