View Single Post
      04-08-2016, 08:11 AM   #29
NINJA59
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 640D GC and MX5 NC PRHT

Having a look through WD's policy T & C's the top cover luxury care is only available up to 60K or 4 years old at the start of the policy.

Also like many others no modifications or alterations have been made to the manufacturer's original spec - be an interesting one if you put in additional OEM+ options....

Excess is cheaper than BM (if the £0 is not available)

The exclusions are fairly lengthy, as for wear and tear components most of the obvious stuff is excluded, and the difference between wear and tear and failure on a covered component could be questionable, to at least the point for me of being pointless. Hoses, pipes and mountings seem a common exclusion throughout, also watch as the amount of battery (and related battery components) exclusions seems very high and on a car like the 6 with so much reliance on it it would make think twice.

All ICE, Telephone and navigation systems excluded - idrive has problems you are screwed - I doubt you will find that excluded from the mondial one.

90 day exclusion (means for the first 3 months it is completely useless!)

Hire cars - at least 24 hours without your car no fuel or insurance covered (fuel I can understand the insurance side can be a pain for some if your policy does not cover you to drive other cars)

If you sell or dispose of the car you still have to pay it...to the full premium...

WD won't cover the full parts price from 70K onwards...which means the excess being low could easily melt away any real savings v BMW

The only other one I cannot find is about the maximum labour rate WD will accept I have a feeling it won't reach BMW main franchise prices though!

Overall yes the BM one is expensive and has a higher excess, but the costs of having to use it are more controlled from the start I have a feeling the WD one could quite easily get out of control. i.e. yes the premium is higher the excess is more than likely going to be higher, I know for the BM one if it is £100 excess then all the fee I will pay is £100....WD under 60K probably only £50, above the threshold above though WD could be pricey.

WD also seem difficult with diagnosis costs from reviews.

Last edited by NINJA59; 04-08-2016 at 08:21 AM..
Appreciate 1