11-12-2016, 08:42 AM   #5
Jon D
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2022 840d

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewrick View Post
I don't think I have active roll option. Please see the link for my car specs.

https://www.bmwdecoder.com/decode/c397896

Can I turn traction control completely off and have other options how I want them? Does having traction control completely off force a default setting of dampers/steering/throttle response?
Great link for checking your options, thanks for posting.
You're correct in assuming that you don't have the active roll bars. I have option S2VAA which includes variable damper control plus active front and rear roll bars; each bar is effectively split and joined by a central coupling which varies the rigidity from virtally fully independent for rough surfaces or ultra comfortable cruising in 'Comfort+' mode, through 'Comfort' (normal) with moderate stiffening to 'Sport' which completely stiffens the bars resulting in flat high speed cornering.
I had this option in my 2010 5 series and found it remarkably effective and had no hesitation to configuring it for my new 640i.
On the toggle switch you should have a 'Sport+' option which reduces traction control but, AFAIK, doesn't completely eliminate it - seem to remember that it retains about 10% control. In 'Sport+' the steering, throttle and shift points will all revert to sport mode.
I don't know how effective the EDC is without the active roll bars, so I can't pass comment.
Hope that helps.
Appreciate 0