View Single Post
      05-22-2015, 03:40 PM   #14
double trouble
Private
Rep
Drives: E60 m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrian View Post
Any tuner now (via ECU access) can remove the limiter so if DMS isn't in your area you should be able to find someone to remove the limiter.

You are indeed correct in the dyno numbers varying. I asked this question to EuroCharged in Houston, TX. He explained to me it's because of how the dyno machine is setup, what load system is being used, etc, etc. I have not wrapped my head around it all personally so I won't go into detail because I would be blowing smoke. That is why you see some cars fully modded putting down 720whp and other cars (same mods) putting down 640whp on a different dyno. The biggest factor you need to look at is the baseline numbers and the final numbers -- how much of a gain did you car make.

I personally love my catless downpipes. Coupled with the full length Eisenmann Race exhaust I can hear the turbos whining/whistling out the exhaust and it sounds absolutely incredible. One of the biggest compliments on my car is how it sounds. If you are modded out like you are slap them on my man -- you won't regret the sound and the smile it puts on your face!

Brian
Agreed with what Brian says. I personally have the catted version of AMS downpipes, and Eisenmann race exhaust, and it is wicked sounding. If I weren't in a convertible, I would have gone catless. Either way, it sounds KILLER, but the biggest gains will be made via the ECU tuning process, not removal of cats.

Ben
Appreciate 0