View Single Post
      05-20-2015, 03:24 PM   #3
chask
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC

I have been wondering about this too - how much extra power do you get with cat-less over the race cat DP. Not sure if I will ever do anything like this but the thought of having more power on tap should I ever need it is appealing. Right now I'm leaning towards staying stock (mostly worrying about warranty issues - it's a very expensive engine and drivetrain) but who knows what the future might hold. I kind of lean towards a race CAT to get the freer flow but still retain emissions capability. Since I don't intend to race I'm not sure I need that last extra 'umph' the cat-less would provide. But that's just me. You will definitely get better flow with nothing there.

I think it was M6Beast who had a small amount of CAT material stuck near the after CAT sensor on his DP. He claimed it was like the cat-less DP in performance without generating the CELs; or maybe they went away after a while. M6Beast is the one who makes the MSR intake pipes that are supposed to work so exceptionally well. Anyway, this might be another option if you've got someone willing to work with you on it. M6Beast sure is going fast in his - sub 11 quarters (I think it's 10.7). Mighty quick for a roughly 4500 pound car.
Appreciate 0