06-11-2015, 03:13 PM   #27
chask
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5driver View Post
M6Coupe did the ASD disable on my car in about 3 minutes. Night and day difference with the Turner race exhaust. I'm leaving the ASD off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by C5driver View Post
The interior noise level could pass for an MBZ now. I'll have to run this a bit more to see if it's something I prefer.
I can't believe you have a race exhaust and it's really that quiet inside. Is this in M Mode, just normal mode, or does it matter?

I need to get this done on my car. I wish I knew how to disconnect the lining at the seat release - do you coupe drivers not have that feature on your cars? That and the clip up by the hinge are what's stopping me. I love being able to fold the rear seats down but right now wish they had put that release somewhere else in the trunk, or put that ASD somewhere else - like in the trunk floor pan. Guess I'll have to wait for my next trip to the spa (dealership).

Some of the time mine is way too noisy inside for my tastes. Sure, there are times I feel like some sporty driving and love the exhaust sound. I put it in M1 or M2 mode to do that. But there are many others when I would like to be able to have a conversation with the people in the car or just cruise and listen to some nice music. My wife has a soft voice and she's hard to hear a lot of the time. She also has some hearing loss and my boys and I almost need to shout for her to hear us. It seems like it's been worse since I got the M6. And to be honest, I'm probably suffering from a bit of that too. As much electronic stuff as they have put on this car you would think they could have made it so you could control some of this stuff - like another option in M Mode.

Does anyone know what the ASD strategy is? I am wondering about the conditions that trigger when and how much it is used - M modes only, M1 mode only, slightly in the M2 mode and full bore in M1, not at all when not in M mode or all the time no matter what driving modes are selected. I've noticed that there are times when the exhaust note is really loud inside the car and others when it's not so pronounced. I haven't been able to pin it down myself. I've not got too many miles on the car and have not had much time to do much experimenting. Plus, usually when I'm accelerating it's to merge in traffic or get around somebody and there's a lot of other stuff to pay attention to. Maybe after I have a few more miles on the car.
Appreciate 0