View Single Post
      06-24-2017, 12:37 AM   #17
$howtime456
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 640i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUGOGRN View Post
Dude...I was warned and did an exhaust delete anyways but I will tell you, the drone is unbearable. Don't get me wrong, I love how it looks with those tips but the drone is just horrible. Also, that lovely "fart" we have right now has, at least for me, turned into ridiculous and embarrassing sounding backfires. Lastly, exhaust at lower RPMs sounds beautiful. Also, when just revving the engine, the exhaust delete sounds great. However, on full acceleration, the sounds is not great and doesn't sound like what our car should sound like.

Last thing, I drive a 650 so literally take everything I just said with a grain of salt. A muffler delete on a 640 may be a beautiful thing. Best of luck to you and please let us know how it comes out when done.
thanks bro. Me myself would never do a muffler delete on a 650i. I had the 650i e64 and just did a xpipe..removed the resonators and sounded perfect. I atttached it to some ebay dual tip exhaust and it was like an m5 sound. Cant do that with the 640i. Hopefully i can take the drone. Car is just to quiet!! lol. Thanks for the input bro.
Appreciate 0