View Single Post
      12-20-2012, 02:22 PM   #4
Mentos
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 640d GC Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by m630 View Post
Not sure how practical it may be to add top & side view, you would have to change both side view mirrors and have it reprogrammed for the top view feature, for side view the cameras are in the front fenders, so you would need new front fenders, so perhaps you should look into this more closely to see if its feasible.

Regarding the light interior, I had Silverstone which is basically platinum white on my former M6 for nearly 4 years. As long as you keep it up, it will always look great, mine looked like new the day she left me, so with a bit of upkeep it should be OK.

congrats and good luck
I was thinking/hoping the wiring would be in place for the top view cameras since the mirrors are already powered (possibly wishfull thinking). In which case it may "just" mean replacing the mirror covers, connecting at both ends and re-coding. I'm not too bothered about side view, especially since it would mean accessing behind the fenders and cutting holes in them for the cameras.

What did you use to clean/maintain your seats in the M6?

Thanks again for the help. I'm itching to put some miles on the car but stuck at home with a bug. Just managed one short drive and several peaks of it on the drive

Last edited by Mentos; 12-20-2012 at 02:23 PM.. Reason: .
Appreciate 0