Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day
I took delivery of my 650i GC on February 29. I just hit 1,244 miles this past Tuesday, and the low oil reading popped up on my idrive screen. The next Wednesday, I stopped in to the BMW service center I have been using since 2009, and had to pay for a quart of oil for the top off. ($7 'n' change)While I was paying for the quart of oil from the parts desk, I went ahead and ordered the gloss black kidney grilles for her at the same time, lol.

I see now that it seems to be somewhat common for this engine to burn through oil rather quickly. As it has been stated in this tread a couple of times, that I hope the oil comsuption rate improves over time in this awesome machine.

If anyone has any feedback as to me having to pay for the quart of oil for a one month old BMW with just over 1000 miles, please chime in for me. I wasn't upset that I had to pay for it, and 7 bucks is nothing to cry over, but when I asked the SA why I had to pay for the oil top off for a vehicle that is covered by the maitenance warranty, and is just over a month old, he told me that this visit doesn't fall under the scheduled maintenance plan, so I would have to pay them for topping off the oil level.

Like I said, I like this service center, and they took excellent care of my X6 for years, but I found it odd that was the reason I got for having to pay for oil. Tell me what you think of this, and if that is just normal practice and I should just move on. (Not that I am holding on)... just sharing my oil top off experience.
I have never been asked to pay anything for oil top-up so far. Four visits in total since I took ownership of the car last November.
Thanks for sharing that. I did feel that something like that should have been covered at no expense for me. My usual SA got promoted/relocated, so the "SA" must have either pulled a fast one on me, or he just doesn't know better. If it happens again, I will insist on bEing covered at no cost.