03-19-2013, 05:39 AM   #19
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BlinkGone View Post
As I glanced through this thread I panicked a bit until I realized you were talking about the 2-door Coupe and not the GC. lol
My question was with regard to the coupe and not the GC. Even so, I test drove the 6GC and then hopped into the driver's side rear seat after having done so. Though there's more leg and head room than in the coupe, I wouldn't call it spacious, but it's passable for a 15 minute ride from the office to a restaurant for lunch, but it's hardly what one would expect from a four door car of that size. My 535i has more room back there and is certainly a nice car to drive or ride in.

The 6 GC is quite stunning looking, if not a good value for the money (IMO), and I'm not totally sworn off of it as the replacement for my e92, but I'm certainly going to wait for the F32 to come out before I make my buying decision. I'm not really seeking a GT-type of car. Despite wanting a bit more luxury/panache, that's something I can surely do without. First and foremost, every car, to me, is transportation and as such, each seat in my cars must be at least as endurable as a seat on a commuter jet for a one hour trip. I feel that if the seats are worse than that, there's no point in having a seat.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0