View Single Post
      11-19-2012, 05:02 PM   #1
evanevery
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: iXM60, i8 Rdstr, M4, i7 M70

Rear Window on 2013 M6 Convertible

I just brought my car in to get the windows tinted. The company I use does very good work. They did tell me that they were not able to get the rear window to come all the way up with the top down so they had to apply the tint film with the top up. This results in a having to leave a small clear edge all around the window. They are not happy with this and asked if I knew how to make the window go all the way up with the top down. Apparently, it used to go all the way up on other recent M6 Convertibles but not on mine. This appears to be something intentional and not a mechanical or electrical problem.

This is the single back window ("opposite" the windshield), not the two windows to either side of the rear seat.

They said if I could figure out how to get it to come all the way up with the top down, they would be quite happy to redo the tint job at no cost. They did the best they could with the top up. Everything looks perfect with the top up, or the top AND window down, but if you put the window up as an air dam (with the top down), there is a small clear edge all the way around.

So if anyone knows how to trick the system into fully extending the rear window with the top down, I would greatly appreciate the info! Maybe there is some interlock switches or something that can be tripped to temporarily bring the window up...

Anyone?
Appreciate 0