View Single Post
      10-24-2013, 10:13 AM   #8
irishbimmer
Banned
Rep
Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd2003 View Post
Hey Irish, I just recently upgraded from a fully modded E63 M6 coupe to a F13 CP SG/SO M6 coupe . My E63 was the fastest bolt on in the US to my knowledge with a best 60-130mph of 8.28 sec. The F13 M6 blows it away acceleration wise until at least a 100mph. The car just pulls like a freight train from 2k on and the DCT shifts are firm and instantaneous. I can not comment on above 100mph due to still being in my break in, but i would expect the new M6 to lose some ground over about 110-120 due to gearing and weight mostly. I can't wait to test it out and compare numbers. The amazing thing is the ability of the F13 chassis to put the power to the ground. It does this sooooo much better than my modded E63 , even with smaller tires! The new M e-diff is a big reason here and the MDM software is light years ahead. The suspension is way more planted with better control and less roll than my Stage 2 Dinan on my E63. It manages to be a more rigid chassis with no decrease in ride quality. Interior wise the new car wins hands down as well,and the B&O system is the best stocker i've heard. The only thing that I miss is the instant throttle response and the scream of the V10 opened up with SS headers and full akra exhaust. No regrets here, just wish I could have kept both!
George
I understand-if I do upgrade, that sound of the V10 will be sorely missed. I hardly listen to the radio I love it so much.
Bill
Appreciate 0