09-03-2012, 08:51 PM   #7
andreo
BMW Enthusiast
Macao
Rep
Drives: Citrin Black 650i Coupé (F13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern6er22 View Post
I've attached a pic of my original order sheet that shows the order ID codes. Looks like I have iPod and USB Adapeter 6FL, BMW TeleServices 6AA, TeleService Control 6AB, Smart Phone Integration 6NF, BMW Apps 6NR, and Combox Controller 6VC. I think the key requirement is Smart Phone Integration as Office isn't specifically part of BMW Apps, and it works via BT so the Combox and USB codes shouldn't apply. It is possible that there is something that we get standard in US spec cars that isn't listed here, but I think this list is pretty thorough given the number of items on here listed as "no charge" (N/C).

I don't have much experience with Office as I've never owned a BlackBerry and been able to use it, but I have high hopes for the iPhone 5 with iOS 6 integrating MAP for SMS and e-mails. I'll be thrilled when I can access Siri through some aspect of the system without having to touch the phone. With the phone in my pocket it is hard to find the Home button. She works decently for reading and sending texts (not perfect but good enough) but she doesn't do anything for e-mails - which, admittedly, is less important to me. I'll be happy when I can get to Siri without driving down the road looking like I'm doing something inappropriate when I'm really just trying to find that stupid button on my phone while it is in my pocket
Thanks as usual Southern. I have checked cars over here with options 6NF and 6NK but without 609 NAV. The Office function does not appear on the main menu. I am hoping that the missing element is 609.

Fully agree on the SIRI button searching. I have an intermediate solution by attaching a raised button in the meantime. Not ideal but beats searching a recessed button while the phone is in the pants pocket as you mentioned.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0