View Single Post
      06-09-2014, 06:22 PM   #21
Cabbro
Rep
Drives: F12 M6 Cabrio & SL55 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifts500 View Post
Switching to Maserati for quality?????????????????????????????????????.....

Please...don't
Whilst of course the BMW should be more reliable, the problem is that you pay £100,000 for the M6 and get treated by the service centre as an average BMW customer, who has paid £20k for their car. I think his point was that at least with Maserati, even if something does go wrong (which I am sure it more likely would) their customer service would treat you right, since their average customer is probably in a £70k car.

I understand his problem. I have had a few issues with my car, nothing major just niggles that needed a half day to get fixed I'd guess, but the service centre does not treat me properly. If I spend £100k on a car, I expect to be treated like a £100k customer... but they don't - they make me wait 3-4 weeks for a loan car to be available, they can't help dropping off the car on my schedule, don't follow up properly, etc, etc. So the niggles take forever to get fixed and if they aren't done properly then I have to go through the whole thing all over again.

Maybe I just have had bad luck with my dealer and I do think the M6 is killer, but this experience really has put me off the BMW brand. Service just doesn't cut it for this price level of car. Fine for a £30k cruiser, but next time I am going to buy a car over £100k it will be from Bentley, Ferrari, etc.
Appreciate 0