United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXXX View Post
The GT-R is a sportscar designed for the track. Its stiffer, rougher...etc. But it is much faster in terms of handling and acceleration. The M6 is a GT car meant for fast cruising and comfort with better built quality and prestige. Just because they are both roughly in the same price category with two doors doesn't mean they are comparable. Its like comparing a Bentley GT to an F458. It doesn't make any sense. As much as I love the GT-R, it is not THE car to be measured against everything else. Christ.
Yes, the M6 and GT-R are different types of car both with a very different focus. I didn't say the GT-R is THE car to measure against every other car, nor did I say they should be compared because of their price category. I'm talking strictly in terms of their performance which could be in a similar range.

For example, look at the recent Road & Track article comparing the GT-R, 911 Turbo S, and Veyron. The basis of this comparison was the ability of these three cars to achieve 0-60 times under 3 seconds. Each of these cars have a different focus and are in vastly different price ranges, yet they are still being compared on performance. This is the reason I'm curious why people think the M6 and GT-R can't be compared.