lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunkung View Post
That's true,, there is no where in your post that stated that 6 series is being in the same class with S5 or E-coupe however,, WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO COMPARE OR TALK ABOUT THE 6 SERIES WITH THOSE TWO CARS SINCE YOU KNOW THAT THEY ARE NOT IN THE SAME CLASS ANYWAY? I understand that you love those two cars more than the 6 series,, which I really understand,,, S5: nothing to talk about it looks, and Quattro system is pretty good imo. E-Coupe: I like it looks actually have to admit it, however, definitely not how it feels to drive. AND IF I'm really considering about to get a car on this segment I WILL DEFINITELY ADD ONE MORE CHOICE INTO MY CONSIDERATION "3 SERIES COUPE", NOT "6 SERIES". Also, I believe I don't even have to consider about it,,, I actually just going to take the 3 series coupe over those two cars anyday. And YES! My belief is that the 6 series is right on that same class as the CL-CLASS for mercedes, at lease here, from this side of the world. It is on the same class but aim for slightly different type of buyer in taste and style. I actually really like the looks of this new 6 series especially when I saw it in the showroom here with my own eyes, it actually looks better in real life than those are in the photos,, A LOT BETTER, I MEAN.
Cause you have to look outside the damn box. Why compare 6 series to E coupe and S5? Because they are threats to 6 series sales. Why is CL popular? Why is E coupe and S5 selling well? oh and, Why did 6 series fail last time and it looks like they will again here? If you don't see a benefit of a vehicle that is $20,000 more expensive (since $20,000 cheaper vehicle performs just as nicely, have just as much technology, and looks better), why would you buy it? Other brand makers proved that there is a beneficial and profitable market for lower-cost larger premium coupes already.

BMW pumps out this 6 series boat with 90k price tag and either asking potential S5/E-Coupe buyers to shall out extra $20,000 to buy the 6 series for nothing better, or asking potential CL buyers to save $20,000 and get the 6 series. First of all, there is no benefit of paying the extra $20k for the new 6 series in terms of all around package. So those customers are gone including myself. Second of all, those gentlemen in upper scale class and in higher social status shopping for CL which cheapest model MSRP starts at 6 digits will buy something they "want", not "cheaper". Exceptions, omitted variables, yes exists.

Of course you don't like the E coupe, you own a 3 series. Supposed to behave totally differently, and excuse me, BMW 3 series is a role model in its class. Comparing E coupe's driving characteristic to a E coupe is ridiculous at best.

Last 6 series struggled to capture a defined market segment, and this new one that isn't much more attractive with its "super bargain price tag", it really won't do much. BMW does make mistakes too. Its just that mistakes are rare.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0