View Single Post
      07-24-2016, 06:34 PM   #4
Mdrei
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mcars, not badges

I picked a Euro delivery on June 25, Alpina B6 GC, Tanzanite/Champagne. I am still in Europe driving the car until September. I have done 5000 miles already.

Compared to the M6, the Alpina is in its own class. At least in Europe people know "it's just not another M car, it's an Alpina". The car is not a race car, it's an exclusive executive car. Inside it's quiet, classy and soft. At normal cruising (ie: 100mph) the car is very civilized, nothing harsh or snappy. Like a vintage Bordeaux.

However, if you encounter anybody looking for trouble, you plant your foot down and the beast comes alive. The 4x4 puts the 600hp to the ground in a complete different manner than the M6. The acceleration of the car is just brutal; and from 100mph unbelievable. Roll down the windows and enjoy the outside exhaust noise until the wind takes over and you realize you are past 150mph.

On the downside, it's a big car. In the cities and small roads it's not easy to get around. You have to be extra careful and make good use of the cameras and the retractable mirrors. The car is very heavy and when running on backcountry roads you feel the weight shift and inertia. This is highway rocket that does a very good job to stay planted on curvy roads for its size (much better than the M6).

Enjoy it!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1