03-21-2011, 11:03 PM   #19
muskamatt
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theride View Post
Why buy an M3 when you can buy a 325?

People need to focus what THEY want to buy and stop worrying about why anyone would buy such and such a car. Not everyone likes the rawness of an m3. not everyone likes the size of an m3. not everyone like the looks o an m3.
I compared them because in my opinion, the selling points of a 6 series are on par with that of a convertible M3. The only reason I used the M3 as an example is the fact that and M3 and the new 6 have similar horsepower.

Either way you did not answer my question at all. In fact, I did not focus on what I would want to buy either. I was focusing on the similarities in the selling points of a convertible, 400 horsepower, luxurious BMW. Except one is 25-30k more. In regards to the size, I find it difficult to believe that many 6 series owners would justify the 25-30k for the occasional rear seat passenger(s).

I guess what I am trying to say is I would like to hear from someone who is considering purchasing the new 6 and why the 6 series would suit their desires/needs over a vert 335i/is/m3 and 25-30k in cash. I am very open to the answer but if someone had more of a response than "because I want to" I would find it helpful to what I am inquiring about. Thank you.
Appreciate 0