JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hargreaves View Post
Hi all,

This is my first post since the departure of the M3 and the arrival of the M6 Gran Coupe - lovely car :-) I've just passed 1,800 miles and she is starting to warm up nicely although the wet weather here does not bode well for good rear traction!

Right question for anyone else with LED Adaptive lights.

In general driving with the lights on, now and then oncoming road users flashes me as they assume that I have the lights on full beam but that is acceptable as they are bright. But, when I am in a queue of traffic it seems almost 1 in 5 driving towards me flash me assuming my lights are on full beam. It's annoying to say the least.

That said, last night I was driving towards a queue of traffic and 200 yards in front there was a car where the lights were blinding me. As I drove closer it turned out to be a 6GC with LED!

So my question is this. Does anyone else have this as an frequent occurrence?

Are the Adaptive lights just trying to be too clever and work their way around the car in front and therefore causing excessive over flow of light?

Or are they just too bright in that situation?

I've just had the 1,200 mile service and they were checked out and I was told that they are all OK so I wondered if it is just the end result of what they are trying to do?

Many thanks!
It's NOT adaptive lights at all.
You need to turn on high beem assist thats what does the tricks, not adaptive lights, they only shine round bends nothing else.