View Single Post
      07-03-2015, 03:20 PM   #7
Ameer ///M6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '14 M6 GC & 07 bmw M6 & F90 M5

Hey bud, I have an 07 M6 for sale if you at all are interested in getting more info on it. 25k miles, 3k miles on the new SMG transmission that was put in. blk/blk tons of mods. PM me if you want more info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignatius_Riley View Post
Hey Fellas,

Been ""monitoring"" the last few days trying to get the overall feel for the forum. Specially as I am contemplating a 2007 M6, MT with 90K miles on it. I am a tinkerer my nature, but then really only on the 3 series. I digress though.

I came upon this M6 by accident really, as I was looking for an old unloved 3 series convertible that I could rescue, show some love to and put on daughter duty for the next few years. I found it, but in the process stumbled unto this, well, beast with a V10 (this one would be for me not my daughter) ;-)

I checked it out this weekend and it's a 9/10 interior, 9.5/10 exterior. Scanned it, and came back clean, chirps in 3rd gear with a very nice feel to the clutch and shifts. Clean and dry albeit dusty engine and compartment (made me think no one has been in there in a while and could be an argument for reliability).

At any rate, was wondering what you blokes thought about something like this. Not ashamed to brag a little that I can squeeze 250+k miles out of the E36 and some newer engines with my kind of attention to maintenance and feel for these puppies, but I realize that something like this is a whole different animal- specially something like the V10.

So, any anecdotal evidence that this engine can spin well into the 100K miles? I don't seem to see/find any high mileage post 2006 M6's out there.
Also, what kind of price tag sounds appropriate for the likes of one like this one? I ask considering that on the 3's, 100k ,miles usually means re gasketing a million and one oil/coolant leaks and freshening up suspension. But their little engines are bulletproof and then you typically have a car that lasts you another 150K miles.

All right then, cheers...look forward to many an input.
IR
Appreciate 0