View Single Post
      07-02-2015, 10:57 AM   #6
2007 to 2016 M6 Cab
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition HS

I had a 2007 M6 cabrio from new. It was my good weather summer daily drive (read good weather, no rain or snow).

I had 49,000 km on it and up till then had no real issues mechanically with it. After consultation with my dealer and the head mechanic who serviced all my BMWs I was advised that we could expect to see a few large ticket items around 55,000 km as maintenance or replacement items. Hydraulics, Vanos, water pump, both camshafts, and a major SMG service to the estimate of $18,000 if and when it all will be needed, plus I needed new rubber come sept 2015. I also had a ghost issue where the auto level active head lights sometimes worked and sometime a did not, but the problem never materialized at he dealer or had a fault code that they could capture, which just started may of 2015 ... Another $3000 bill possibly.

The car was well loved and maintiened immaculately inside, out and mechanically.

The V10 always left a shit eating grin from ear to ear on my face everytime I heard the V10 ROAR ... So it was a tough call as I loved the car, my kids grew up in the back seat from baby seats at 2 weeks to boosters currently.

The new technology of the current M6 was a minor player in the decision, and the main concern was reliability and cost for future maintenance.

I sold the 2007 in sept 2015 and ordered the 2016 in dec

I love the new car and tech but feel emasculated as the exhaust note and character of the V10 is missing and in a way regret selling it , and yet love he new car and it's technology

Fingers crossed that this one is THE IDEAL example with no problems! You will love it! I sure loved my 2007 ... And the day I handed over the keys and watched the sales manager drive off with it is a day I still remember and in a way regret.

Hope the car is mint and has many years of trouble free driving!
Appreciate 1