View Single Post
      03-22-2015, 10:14 PM   #1
Ignatius_Riley
Registered
Rep
Drives: 3 series

2007 M6 with 90K miles

Hey Fellas,

Been ""monitoring"" the last few days trying to get the overall feel for the forum. Specially as I am contemplating a 2007 M6, MT with 90K miles on it. I am a tinkerer my nature, but then really only on the 3 series. I digress though.

I came upon this M6 by accident really, as I was looking for an old unloved 3 series convertible that I could rescue, show some love to and put on daughter duty for the next few years. I found it, but in the process stumbled unto this, well, beast with a V10 (this one would be for me not my daughter) ;-)

I checked it out this weekend and it's a 9/10 interior, 9.5/10 exterior. Scanned it, and came back clean, chirps in 3rd gear with a very nice feel to the clutch and shifts. Clean and dry albeit dusty engine and compartment (made me think no one has been in there in a while and could be an argument for reliability).

At any rate, was wondering what you blokes thought about something like this. Not ashamed to brag a little that I can squeeze 250+k miles out of the E36 and some newer engines with my kind of attention to maintenance and feel for these puppies, but I realize that something like this is a whole different animal- specially something like the V10.

So, any anecdotal evidence that this engine can spin well into the 100K miles? I don't seem to see/find any high mileage post 2006 M6's out there.
Also, what kind of price tag sounds appropriate for the likes of one like this one? I ask considering that on the 3's, 100k ,miles usually means re gasketing a million and one oil/coolant leaks and freshening up suspension. But their little engines are bulletproof and then you typically have a car that lasts you another 150K miles.

All right then, cheers...look forward to many an input.
IR
Appreciate 0