View Single Post
      05-23-2015, 07:38 PM   #19
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobalRSInc. View Post
Okay, I just went to my car and tried this sequence. I successfully got into launch control mode. After a few trial and error attempts though, I discovered the following:
1) you do not need to put the shifter into manual mode
2) you do not need to put the engine into Sport or Sport+ mode…
launch control does these things for you! So the sequence (at least on my '15 M6GC) is the following:
1) DSC off
2) soft brake pressure
3) gear shifter forward
Vehicle then goes into manual, sport+ mode. You can then take your foot off the brake and hammer down the pedal. It stays in launch mode until you let off the shifter. What I don't know is if you're suppose keep forward on the shifter when you launch. Anyone know?? I did not launch it because I was in the garage and would've ended up in our guest bedroom.
Look like the program for LC is changed. In my 2013, even the manual says selecting S3. Also it doesn't matter if you select sport or sport+ or even efficient in "Launch Control" while you need to floor the gas. Those settings are throttle response setting which is not subject to LC.
To answer your question; You need to release the shift lever and keep flooring the gas... Car will not go anyway if you do not release the shifter and will disengage the LC if you release the gas pedal...
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0