mlai
Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 650GC/E93M3/Lexus LS600HL

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bönz View Post
No I am not sure. I am speculating based on all the information you have provided.

Try this. On an open road where you have plenty of clearance and space and no other cars around, put the car in Sport plus and turn off all the nannies. You do this by holding the DSC button down for about 5 seconds until the "DSC Off" illuminates in the gauge cluster. Then go for it. With an open rear differential and no DSC or DTC to intervene, all you should do is burn rubber. The rear end will certainly want to come around (usually to the right) requiring steering input to correct. But the sensation should be of controlled oversteer, not an instability or "wobble" as you called it.

Based on my experience and automotive knowledge, it just seems unlikely that a little more torque would "overpower" the rear suspension and differential. It seems more likely that the TMC unit is messing up the electronics in your car. Then again, just my opinion. I could be wrong.
I know I mentioned differential/rear suspension initially, but please do read my follow on comments. The car is equipped with IAS (4 wheel steering) and I subsequently think the the extra torque is overpowering that system which controls the turning of the rear wheels +/- 3 degrees. If that system is overpowered and allowed the rear wheels to move, that will cause the rear-end wobbling that my friend and I feel.

Last edited by mlai; 03-10-2013 at 08:34 PM..
Appreciate 0