View Single Post
      04-13-2024, 11:47 AM   #4
Ralph III
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 650i Gran Coupe

I took these images of our 2018 650i (Tanzanite Blue) after having washed it this morning and driving into work. I've only had time to apply a ceramic coating to the front bumper. Whereas, I applied a coat of Menzerna Power Lock Sealant last weekend on the rest of the body.

I'm in the process of detailing all three of our vehicles, so it will take a few months. I'll be applying a ceramic coating to sections at a time. I decided to go with Wolfgang Si02 Silica Spray at this time but I may try out their Profi at some point. I do not desire to go with a longer term ceramic coating and feel such is counter productive. Because I like to do minor paint correction at least once a year in keeping our vehicles looking their best. I also use a drying aid enhancer after every wash and/or a sealant on occasion. Some will say that's unnecessary if you have a ceramic coating but I don't agree. The Wolfgang Silica is beautiful but I don't see any real difference in shine or hydrophobic qualities between it and the Menzerna Powerlock. It and Wolfgang Paint Sealant are renowned and my favorite sealants. I'm just adding a short term protective layer to the longer term ceramic layer. Anyhow, your maintenance routine is more important and effective than any coating. I'm retired from professional detailing but I still keep up with the industry and I still like to try out things; in order to see what works best.

God Bless,
Ralph
Attached Images

Last edited by Ralph III; 04-13-2024 at 11:52 AM..
Appreciate 0