04-17-2014, 02:25 AM   #13
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmnuts View Post
Speed limiter successfully removed . Well, sort of....it kicks in again at an indicated 195mph.

The car is outrageous; I've said it before, I'll say it again - there's little this side of a hypercar that's as quick above 120mph. Not my 911 turbo, not my SLS - this M6 pulls strong right through the 180's, with the digital speedo still gaining speed in 2-3mph increments. Only above 190 does the gain slow to single increments.

It's so quick that, in a 400 mile journey across Germany this afternoon, it was easy to see the other side of 190 on numerous occasions - I only dare attempt it when traffic is very light or non existent so that tells you how relatively little road you need to see those big speeds. After the constraints of driving it in the UK, it feels fantastic to repeatedly be able to rev it out in 3rd, 4th and then (in the high 180's) 5th, using the shift lights in the HUD to help you get the most out of it without taking your eye off the road.

The other stand out highlights are how composed it is at those speeds and the brakes. Sometimes I'll criticise the M6's less than smooth body control on a typically bumpy twisty road that you find in the UK, but today highlights how it's clearly been engineered for something else. The level of control and surefootedness it has at speed is phenomenal...where some of my previous cars have felt less than planted at really high speed, the M6 was pinned to the road even when you hit a bump, mid-bend, at 188mph! And those ceramic brakes just got better and better with use - repeated high speed braking in a heavy car with steel brakes usually ends in a degree if fade, followed by judder and noise. These ceramics just lapped it up time after time and felt superb.

All in all, it's great to experience and appreciate the car for what it's clearly been designed to do. Thoroughly recommended!
Awesome