02-19-2013, 08:07 AM   #162
DiavelM3
4 Star General -Twilight Zone
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideboy View Post
Dude, guess you are the fanboy here i dont own a GTR - i own a BMW, and i chose it for a number of reasons. But i admit the obvious - looking at the numbers and professional reviews - GTR is a faster car anyway you look at it. Some amateur videos wont prove otherwise.
I am a fanboy - of many cars. Look at my sig - (and that doesn't even tell the whole story)
Are you a professional driver? Nope.
Most of the professional reviews you're quoting, along with some of the GTR fanboys, are from professionals - mainly on racetracks. In a way you made my argument. Most of these races ARE going to be done by amateurs and there are many variables that play into a win or a loss. A win is a win. Let's say you have a seasoned track driver (SCCA) in an M6 against a amateur (first time on a track), in a GTR on a racetrack racing each other. Still think the mighty GTR will win? Not likely
The vids are showing amateur races and the M6 holding its own. This is the more likely "real world" scenario.

There is no disputing the raw power and capability of the GTR. Personally, I love everything about the GTR except the front end and the interior.

Making excuses and quoting pros (which is not likely a real world scenario), from the internet is just getting pitiful. Maybe even a little desperate
Past - '84 Ferrari 308 GTSI | '88 Ferrari 328 GTS | '05 Dodge Viper Copperhead Edition #180/300 | Audi S4

Last edited by DiavelM3; 02-19-2013 at 12:25 PM..
Appreciate 0