View Single Post
      12-04-2012, 07:39 PM   #1
fitmaster
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Convert / 2015 M3

Full LED Lights in Executive Pkg

The Executive Package ($4,900.) includes a full LED option. My thought was that everything was LED lighting not just the headlights and tail lights and would include the courtesy lights in the interior. My 2012 F30 3 Series have all LED lights throughout the car and I was expecting this in our new 2013 M6 Convertible. To my disappointment all the interior courtesy light are the yellow 194 bulbs. Really, really disappointed.
So I purchased some LED replacement courtesy lights for $28 / pair and replaced the door and foot well lights. You can see the difference in the picture. Driver's side has the 12 white LED and passenger side has the factory 194 yellow bulb. The new LED really gives the interior of the car a real luxury and modern look and feel as opposed to the original yellow bulb.
Why BMW didn't use "Full LED" as the option suggest is beyond me. Perhaps saving a few pennies on a $120,000. car!!!! Who knows. I will replace all the yellow bulbs with the white LED's. What do you guys think?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0