View Single Post
      12-15-2014, 12:48 AM   #40
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalifBrit View Post
M6-Coupe. Yes, there is protection if your revs go into red line. I'm kind of used to this as it would also happen in my E39 MT M5. With the M6 though it seems to happen a lot less frequently and I think that's because the red line ratio in each gear is high enough that, naturally, you want to change gear before you hit that point anyway. It's all about the torque of the car which is exceptional. In my M5, redline seemed to be reached very quickly, especially in 1st and 2nd gears, but with the M6 there just seems to be so much more power transmitted to the wheels, and the efficiency of getting to the higher speeds quickly without redlining is amazing. I hope all that makes sense.

I do have the competition package so that may make a difference. I know with Super-Sport turned on for steering, suspension and engine dynamics the performance is phenomenal.
Thanks sir. I don't know why it happens to me! with MT my body feels the red line and when I have to change the gear, but with DCT not. Doesn't make sense at all... I did test drive an MT M3(F80) the other day and I knew when to change the gear even though the car was completely new for me and I had no previous experience with that car, but after 15 months driving my M6, still I have no idea when I have to change the gear unless I look at the M View or instrument cluster...
Appreciate 0