SpokenHands
Certified Car Nut
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AMG GTC + RR Velar + 640d GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPB1 View Post
Yes the use-ability was a consideration, the GC IMHO looks a nicer the car it's actually very different to drive much to my surprise! It's more refined/comfortable ( I have adaptive drive),handles better and I love the LEDs, although to honest not much difference here. Miss the vert on sunny days and not sure how the 20" wheels and Dunlop tyre set up will work come the winter? May consider a winter wheel set up?
I asked because I had an AW 640d convertible for about 6 months. I love convertibles, especially soft tops, but like you, found the refinement, handling and driving characteristics of the GranCoupe was so much better (surprisingly so!). I may still get a convertible at some point, pity they don't make the 4-series in a soft top (that would make the overall packaging so much more appealing), so it will probably be an Audi A5 if it's a second car or may replace my GranTurismo with a GranCabrio (but worried that it will lose that sharp drive).

Current: 2018 Range Rover Velar First Edition D300 HSE + 2018 AMG GT-C Coupe + 2013 6 Series BMW GranCoupe (October)
Retired: 2016 AMG-GTS Coupe, 2013 & 2012 Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale,2016 3-Series Touring, 2009 5 Series GT, 2007 BMW M5, 2012 & 2006 BMW 1 Series
Appreciate 0