View Single Post
      08-14-2013, 08:53 AM   #1
M_Power_Fan
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: the Ring

Trackday NORDSCHLEIFE - Videos / pics - 7.44min BTG lap!

We had a trackday on the famous Nordschleife. We tested my race car (Cayman S) and i also took my 2013 M6 there too to drive a "real" car

To summ it up: this car is (probably) not from this world LOL

Did a laptime complete lap 8.05min with traffic, this would be like a 7.44min BTG (bridge to gantry) laptime. No competitors around

The handling of the car is absolutely stunning! The carbon fiber brakes showed no fading even after 5 flying laps. Not even at the lowest and most intense part for the brakes at "Breitscheid".

Traction is also very good. Dampers were set to "sport" - best would be sportplus for the front and comfort to the rear.

The Nordschleife is very bumpy, and this car almost has too much power here. On the other hand, stiffer dampers made the car feel less understeer. So "sport" was a good compromise.

ESP was set to MDM - sportmode.

Alot guys wrecked their cars due to loss of control and slippery conditions...partly heavy rain mixed with complete dry track - it's the Nordschleife - not a game

Well here are some pics and the video of my fastest lap. I had to rotate the video because the GoPro got loose LOL

The car is completly stock and on standard tyres! Starting tyre pressure cold was 2,1bar all around

Greetings from Germany

Claudius

And finally the best scenes with lots of others Cars!

Attached Images

Appreciate 0